By Cristina Hodgson • 20 September 2019 • 9:00
CDS battery explodes in firemans face
A FIREFIGHTER has suffered burns to his face, neck and arms after a battery exploded.
He was cleaning and maintaining fire engines at the Las Piramides station in Malaga city when the incident occurred.
Firefighters in Malaga have previously criticised cutbacks in the service and point out that a lack of maintenance may be to blame for the explosion.
Until a few years ago there were mechanics in charge of keeping the fire engines in good condition. However, after the retirement of the last one at the station, it has been left to the firefighters themselves to carry out maintenance – a job they are not qualified for.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.