Acid cloud horror in Spain

Image of Francisco Javier Garcia Lara. Credit: @fuengirola

SIX tourists have been taken to hospital and eight more treated at the scene when they breathed in toxic fumes at a Spanish holiday resort. 

A lorry driver reportedly made a mistake when refilling a tank and mixed bleach with hydrochloric acid, causing a dangerous chemical reaction. The lorry drives is said to have reported the incident as soon as he realised his mistake. 

Seven ambulances were sent to the Eldorado Resort in Cambrils on the Costa Dorada when holidaymakers reported breathing problems following the incident. 

The six people taken to hospital were given oxygen, and are said to have now been released following the incident. 

Four fire crews attended to make the scene safe. It is not known what nationality the tourists are. 

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Dilip Kuner

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.