By George Stephens • 04 November 2019 • 15:36
A sad pet owner says her puppy died of a heart attack after being frightened by fireworks.
Pet Molly, just 18-weeks-old, “died of fright” due to “loud bangs” going off in the Wombwell and Darfield area in South Yorkshire.
The puppy’s owner, distraught Susan Paterson,took to social media to share her sad loss and posted about the incident on the Facebook group Wombwell Wise.
“Please think of the animals. Molly was only 18 weeks old and died of FRIGHT caused by fireworks,” she said.
At the end of a stream of comments from people sharing her pain
Ms Paterson later posted “Thanks for all your comments. We are still trying to make sense of what happened. Dreading the fireworks again tonight ,Molly may be gone but she will never be forgotten and will live on in our hearts.”
The very distraught and sad pet owner is now starting a campaign to have fireworks banned.
She’s urging people to sign a petition calling for a review of regulations around fireworks to protect animals.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.