Fireworks Spook Horse Causing Hideous Injuries

Fireworks spook horse causing hideous injuries Credit: Facebook (Animal News)

TERRIFIED horse is left impaled on wooden post after being spooked by Fireworks.

The horse, named Harry, is lucky to be alive after it impaled itself on a fence when it was frightened by fireworks.

The horse was eventually freed by his owner and a vet with the help of two RSPCA officers.

RSPCA inspector Jenny Anderton said: ‘The horse must have been laying there all night and it took us until 1pm to get him out, get him up and get him on a wagon for the vets to attempt surgery on his very serious wounds, caused by impaling himself on the hedge and fencing.

‘We really hope Harry recovers’ Ms Anderton added ‘It is just so sad to think how frightened he must have been and then in so much distress while he was impaled’

Lily Roberts, the devastated owner of the stables where Harry was kept said: ‘He had crushed the hedge and we had to cut the hedge around him. It was just horrible. I had never seen anything like this before.’

‘We strongly believe that Harry was so frightened from the continuous banging of fireworks all evening that he ran away and decided to take on the five foot hedge in front of him’

‘I am sick of seeing animals and humans suffer unnecessarily for these things. There are so many fantastic free fireworks displays around – stop setting them off in your back garden.’

The RSPCA informed that it received 400 calls about animals affected by fireworks in England and Wales last year, and has since launched a campaign, Bang Out Of Order, to campaign on the issue.

Harry’s accident comes just one day after an 18-week-old terrier puppy died from a heart attack because she was so scared of fireworks.

Both recent incidents are dramatic and tragic proof of the negative effects of fireworks.

Author badge placeholder
Written by

Cristina Hodgson

Share your story with us by emailing, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page