By Dilip Kuner • 08 November 2019 • 17:51
SEVENTEEN Colombian women being sexually exploited in Zaragoza (Spain) have been rescued by National Police officers in an INTERPOL-led operation.
The victims, who were threatened with Satanic and witchcraft rituals, were exploited by a ‘family’ criminal network which was also involved in drug trafficking.
The organisation’s leaders posted advertisements on the internet offering the option of buying and using cocaine during sexual encounters with women, what they called the “White Party”.
Ten people have been arrested and seven searches have been carried out in the Aragonese capital.
The investigation began thanks to an anonymous tip-off through the National Police Trafficking Victims Hotline (900 10 50 90), which denounced the situation of sexual exploitation that several Colombian women might be suffering in apartments in Zaragoza.
Investigations confirmed the existence of a criminal organisation, which had been active for several years in the city. The family clan extended its tentacles from Colombia to Spain, where a large part of the organisation was based. Some of the women were located thanks to INTERPOL’s collaboration in the investigation.
All of the victims were Colombian women who were in a very precarious situation in their country. The gang entrapped them by offering to improve their situation by sending them to Spain to engage in prostitution.
The criminal organisation published advertisements with photographs of the real faces of women on different Internet portals.
The victims were subjected to strict control, were the object of continuous humiliation and insults on the part of the exploiters and, in addition, they were threatened through Satanic rituals and witchcraft.
One of the most recurrent practices was the so-called “llamaclientes” or “atrapaclientes” bath, which consisted of spilling various liquids over the body with the aim of increasing the number of clients.
The women were forced to hand over 40 per cent of their earnings to the organisation. With the remaining 60 per cent they had to pay for accommodation, food and the debt contracted, which amounted to more than €3,000.
In addition to the proceeds of sexual exploitation, the criminal organisation also earned a large income from drug trafficking. This income came both from the regular use of cocaine by the women and from its use by clients.
The alleged exploiters maintained a high standard of living. Part of their profits were reinvested in real estate in both Spain and Colombia.
In a series of seven raids police seized €14,000 in cash, bank cards, several mobile phones and narcotic substances. The arrested people have been charged with human trafficking, people smuggling, drug trafficking and money laundering.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.