Can they seize his account?

Question - EWNI have been resident in Spain since 2009. I receive my Australian old age pension here but now the Spanish tax department has decided to put an embargo on my bank account.

I find this strange because my pension is only €850 per month and they have billed me for almost the entire amount. I need this to live on as I do not have any other income and a sick wife to look after. I need advice as to what to do.

R M (Costa Blanca)

Answer - EWNYour first step is to find out why the Tax Agency has embargoed your account.  Go in person to the tax office of your district with your bank notice.

If the Agencia Tributaria has seized your bank account, this is almost certainly because of unpaid Spanish tax over a period of time. If you have not received notification that you owed tax, something has gone wrong. The Tax Agency is the place to sort this out.

Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

David Searl

You and the law in spain Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.