By Damon Mitchell • 03 December 2019 • 10:30
Trapped on the balcony: A lucky escape
MALAGA FIREFIGHTERS rescued a minor this week after they were left alone in a house where there was a fire.
Shortly after 6 pm, the fire began in a third-floor property of Calle Huerto del Conde, in the Lagunillas area of Málaga Centro.
The fire started in the kitchen and the child became trapped on the balcony, where he had taken refuge. From there he managed to get the attention of neighbours, who immediately called the fire brigade. Upon receiving the notice, two cars, a command vehicle and an ambulance rushed to the scene.
The officers managed to force their way inside and to rescue the minor who was promptly treated by medical staff. The child, who was alone at that time in the home, was treated for poisoning caused by smoke inhalation.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
From the interviewed to the interviewer
As frontman of a rock band Damon used to court the British press, now he lives the quiet life in Spain and seeks to get to the heart of the community, scoring exclusive interviews with ex-pats about their successes and struggles during their new life in the sun.
Originally from Scotland but based on the coast for the last three years, Damon strives to bring the most heartfelt news stories from the spanish costas to the Euro Weekly News.
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.