Man hurt in Costa Blanca fire

IMSERSO HOLIDAYS: Fewer Almeria province hotels participating this winter Photo credit: Pixabay/Ivalbak

A 61-year-old man suffered burns to a leg and smoke poisoning during a fire that broke out in his Orihuela Costa home on Spain’s Costa Blanca.

The fire began at about 9.30 am yesterday in calle Nicolas de Bussy yesterday (December 4) and was extinguished an hour later. 

It affected several rooms, with flames flaring out through one of the windows. 

Firefighters from Torrevieja’s Vega Parque station in three appliances attended the scene. 

The street was closed as firefighters tackled the blaze and removed several gas cylinders that were at risk of exploding. 

A team of medics treated the home owner at the scene then took him to Torrevieja’s hospital.  

 

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Dilip Kuner

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.