By Isha Sesay • 13 January 2020 • 10:32
BALCONY DEATH: The Madrid resident fell after trying to get into his Denia apartment. MU-061.
A MAN has died and a woman is in critical condition after being poisoned by carbon monoxide at a property in Mallorca, Spain.
As reported by SAMU-061, a call requesting immediate help was made to the emergency services in the early hours of this morning (January 13) to report that a 73-year-old man and 60-year-old woman were unconscious at their home on Calle Armadans in Palma de Mallorca.
An ambulance arrived at the scene a short time later, finding two victims suffering from potential carbon monoxide poisoning. Sadly, the man was pronounced dead at the scene, with the woman being rushed to Son Espases hospital where it is reported that she is in critical condition.
As Euro Weekly News understands, an investigation has been launched to determine the source of origin of the deadly gas, with local sources indicating that it was emitted from a faulty gas boiler at the home.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas produced by burning materials such as gasoline, wood, propane or charcoal. Improperly ventilated appliances and engines, particularly in a tightly sealed or enclosed space, can cause carbon monoxide to accumulate to dangerous levels.
The most common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are dizziness, weakness, an upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain and confusion where inhalation of the gas can be fatal.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.