By Tara Rippin • 03 February 2020 • 15:26
EVACUATED: Accidental chemical reaction leaves three people 'slightly affected'. CREDIT: Bomberos Twitter
A HOTEL was evacuated and three people ‘slightly affected’ after a gas leak at a hotel in Rincon de Loix in Benidorm.
The first two floors of the building were cleared as a preventative measure after two reactant liquids were accidentally mixed together in a tank, causing a chemical reaction.
Firefighters equipped with breathing equipment reportedly ‘quickly controlled’ the situation on Friday.
Sources confirmed two employees and a guest were slightly affected and taken to a nearby health centre. They added that the most common symptoms in these cases may be nauseas, vomiting and dizziness.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you donâ€™t already have one. Review our
Tara Rippin is a reporter for Spain’s largest English-speaking newspaper, Euro Weekly News, and is responsible for the Costa Blanca region.
She has been in journalism for more than 20 years, having worked for local newspapers in the Midlands, UK, before relocating to Spain in 1990.
Since arriving, the mother-of-one has made her home on the Costa Blanca, while spending 18 months at the EWN head office in Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol.
She loves being part of a community that has a wonderful expat and Spanish mix, and strives to bring the latest and most relevant news to EWN’s loyal and valued readers.
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.