Post Brexit Travel Advice over What May Occur in 2021 Following EU Withdrawal

Campervans may need special permits Credit: Flickr

THE British government has published a general list of possible new requirements for those taking motorhomes and caravans into Europe from the UK from January 1, 2021.

Nothing is cast in stone as yet and all will depend on the agreements reached between the EU and UK in the coming months but things to be aware of are;

International driving licences may be required and possibly more than one depending on countries to be visited.

What changes there are to European health cover.

How long you can tour before requiring a visa.

If you have a pet, the existing pet passport may not be recognised.

One other matter to bear in mind is that there is no guarantee that free mobile phone roaming will continue and the government is likely to introduce a requirement that operators advise users when they hit £45 in charges.

Author badge placeholder
Written by

John Smith

Married to Ophelia in Gibraltar in 1978, John has spent much of his life travelling on security print and minting business and visited every continent except Antarctica. Having retired several years ago, the couple moved to their house in Estepona and John became a regular news writer for the EWN Media Group taking particular interest in Finance, Gibraltar and Costa del Sol Social Scene. Share your story with us by emailing, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page