By Lizzie Day • 03 March 2020 • 20:46
A mum has relived the moment her daughter suffered devastating and life-changing burns following a deep fat fryer accident at their home.
Grace Shaw was playing with her younger sister Farrah in the kitchen when she fell and pulled the boiling hot contents of the fryer all over her.
She ended up burning 38% of her body and almost died when she went into shock from the unrelenting pain and significant damage caused.
But her mother Toni-Marie Grundy-Jones claims the incredible care Grace received from staff in the A&E department at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital – situated just minutes from their home in South Wales- saved her daughter’s life.
Toni-Marie said “As soon as she arrived at the hospital she was sedated and prevented from going into full-blown shock. If we’d had to travel any further to hospital I believe she would have died.”
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.