By Henric Sundlof •
Published: 09 Mar 2020 • 9:41
A major ground fire broke out this weekend in the UK, in Bramham outside of Leeds. The cause for the fire was puzzling at first, but are now reported to be due to a pooping pig!
According to the fire department in the city, one pig had eaten another pig’s pedometer.
The animals on the farm are equipped with the battery-operated pedometers to prove that they are free-ranged, reports the BBC.
The copper in the batteries should then have reacted with the pig’s faeces leading to the grass underneath catching fire, according to the North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
Thankfully, no pigs, or any other animals on the farm for that matter, were harmed in the major ground fire.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.