By Linda Hall • 13 April 2020 • 13:36
Rubbish container destroyed but no-one injured, credit: Calpe town hall
FIRST-FLOOR residents were evacuated from an apartment building in Calpe’s Calle Santa Maria after fire broke out in a rubbish container.
The blaze in the communal bin in front of the Correos post office began at around 10pm. Videos of the momentarily-spectacular flames did the rounds almost immediately on the social media although the fire turned out to be less devastating than it originally appeared and nobody was hurt.
Calpe’s Local Police and officers from the Guardia Civil post managed to keep the fire from spreading until the arrival of firefighters from the Denia brigade, who soon had the blaze under control.
Residents were allowed to return to their homes once the smoke had cleared, and the firefighters, Local Police and Guardia Civil officers received a round of applause as they left.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Originally from the UK, Linda is based in Valenca and is a reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering local news. Got a news story you want to share?
Then get in touch at [email protected]
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.