Covidiots’ Barbecue Causes Huge Forest Fire

A barbecue started by “Covidiots” led to a huge forest fire.

The blaze reportedly started after a disposable barbecue flared out of control yesterday afternoon, and more than 60 firefighters spent almost five hours tackling the flames.

Ten crews were despatched to fire in Puddletown Forest, Dorset, at 4.45pm yesterday.

A walker reportedly alerted the emergency services, but the culprits had left the scene when they arrived.

Some 2.5 acres of heathland, home to rare flora and fauna, was destroyed.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

George Day


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *