By Pepi Sappal • 11 May 2020 • 1:23
Malaga has announced an investment of one million euros in a marketing campaign to regenerate the ‘Costa del Sol’ brand in order to boost national tourism.
THE campaign, announced by the Costa del Sol Tourism & Planning’s President Francisco Salado (also the President of Diputacion of Malaga), comes after the province announced losses of around €4 billion and around four million tourists as a result of the Covid-19 crisis, between the months of March and June of this year.
The objective of the campaign is to generate reservations and attract tourism from all age groups in the country, from families to couples. It will be targeted towards those who want to travel with families, friends, or those looking for a romantic break.
The campaign will target specifically the 25-56 year-old age groups (male and female), with a special passion for culture, travel, sports, healthy lifestyle, as well as a keen interest in Mediterranean gastronomy and Malaga. Approximately, 60 per cent of the marketing will focus on online channels, such as social networks and influencers on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. The other 40 per cent will be spent on offline marketing through TV, radio, bus advertising, travel agents and ‘street marketing.’
According to Salado, “national tourism will be key to recuperating Malaga’s economy this year.” The campaign will therefore be in Spanish to attract domestic tourists from different parts of the country. However, given that there are no dates when it can expect national tourism to start, “Malaga is working on various scenarios, and a phased plan, because tourism is key to the economy’s survival,” added Salado.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.