Guardia Civil to the rescue after forgotten frying pan starts Els Poblets house fire

AFTERMATH: Frying pan was left on the hob, credit: Guardia Civil

PATROLLING Guardia Civil officers from El Vergel received an urgent call to attend a house fire in Els Poblets.

Arriving at the semi-detached property they found the occupants, a mother and her son of six, in the garden.

The fire had started in the kitchen, she explained, and despite the dense smoke, the officers managed to enter the house to turn off the electricity at the mains.

The electrical panel was located in the kitchen near the origin of the fire, a frying pan full of oil that had been left on the lighted hob, they said afterwards.

Re-entering with a garden hose, the Guardia Civil officers found that the flames had by then damaged the cooker hood and kitchen units, but had the fire under control before the arrival of firefighters and the Policia Local.




FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Linda Hall

Originally from the UK, Linda is based in Valenca and is a reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering local news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at