By Cathy Elelman • 30 June 2020 • 21:09
EXTENSIVE: Improvements are being implemented throughout the 13,000sqm park
CREDIT: Ayuntamiento de Cuevas del Almanzora
MAJOR works on the Cuevas del Almanzora park the local council describes as the municipality’s “green lung” are progressing at a pace and should be completed by the end of August or beginning of September.
The €400,000 Luis Siret park project got back up and running a few weeks back following a paralysis of the works due to the coronavirus lockdown.
Improvements are being carried out throughout the 13,000 square metres of the park. They include placing power cables underground, creating a new pathway around the park, installing new children’s play areas, a 20-metre long zip line, picnic and ping-pong tables and better lighting.
There will also be a ‘pipican’ zone for dogs
Cuevas council is funding 65 per cent of the cost of the works and the Almeria provincial council the other 35 per cent.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Cathy Elelman is the local writer for the Costa de Almeria edition of the Euro Weekly News.
Based in Mojacar for the last 21 years, Cathy is very much part of the local community and is always well and truly up on all the latest news and events going on in this region of Spain.
Her top goals are to do the best job she can informing the local English-speaking community, visitors to the area and the wider world about about the news in Almeria, to learn something new every day, and to embrace very new challenge this fast-changing world brings her way.
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.