Alcohol hand gel poisoning children with the majority under two

CONCERNS are growing as the number of children being poisoned accidentally by alcohol hand wash and sanitisers is up a staggering 900 per cent on last year.

In a report by the National Institute of Toxicology and Forensic Sciences, 874 cases of accidental poisoning had been reported, compared to just 90 in 2019.

585 of those cases were connected to a child ingesting alcohol gel and 368 cases involved children under the age of just two poisoned by the alcohol hand gel.

The vast majority swallowed the hand-sanitisers, although some became intoxicated after inhaling the product.

Most cases have fortunately been mild but the Spanish Minister of Health has reminded parents to be careful when using the gel and also to be mindful of where it is kept at home.  Alcohol hand gel poisoning children can be avoided, we just need to be a little more mindful of where we leave it.

 

Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Alcohol hand gel poisoning children”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Charlie Loran

Manchester born mummy with a two year old diva (2020), living on the Costa del Sol for just short of a decade.
Former chef and restaurateur, holistic health fanatic and lover of long words.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.