By Alex Glenn • 09 December 2020 • 16:13
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue services jump to the aid of a trapped tawny owl in Spalding.
The RSPCA and Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue were called to a house on Mayfair Drive in Spalding on Friday. The homeowner had heard strange noises in one of the walls in the kitchen and was surprised to see a small owl. The owl was trapped in the wall and could just be seen though a hole over the kitchen cabinets.
Fire and Rescue set to creating a hole in an outside wall of the property before being able to rescue the owl, who was then taken by the RSPCA to a wildlife vet.
Kathleen Burris, Inspector for the RSPCA said, “This poor owl had fallen down an old chimney in the kitchen and was trapped in a pipe. We could see the poor fella through a hole in the kitchen but it was too tight for the owl to squeeze through.
“We carefully tried to open the space in the kitchen but he dropped to the bottom of the pipe. We then had to remove a few bricks on the outside wall which gave us enough space to break the pipe and get him out. Thankfully, the homeowner was more concerned with the owl than the mess!
The lucky tawny owl is fit and well after his ordeal and has been released to the wild.
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Fire and Rescue Services Jump to the Aid of Trapped Owl”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Originally from the UK, Alex is based in Almeria and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news.
Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.