By Sarah Keane •
Published: 10 Dec 2020 • 13:42
GIRL electrocuted when her charging iPhone fell into the bath
A 24-year-old shop worker died after a tragic accident in Russia when the iPhone she was charging while taking a bath fell into the tub, electrocuting her. Olesya Semenova was found by her estate agent friend Daria at their home in Arkhangelsk.
“I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, did not breathe and showed no signs of life,” her distraught friend told the emergency operator.
“I was really scared.
“When I touched her, I got an electric shock.
“There was a smartphone in the water, it was charging.”
Russian officials issued a warning to people about the dangers of water and electricity, as sadly Olesya’s death is one of several similar tragedies in the country.
“The tragedy once again reminds us that water and an electrical appliance connected to the mains are incompatible.
“The same applies to any mobile device. If you drown a smartphone, the worst thing is its failure.
“But when it is connected to the network, we see what the consequences are.”
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Girl Electrocuted When iPhone Fell Into Bath”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Former teacher and health services manager with a Degree in English, Sarah moved to Spain from Southern Ireland with her husband, who runs his own car rental business, in 2019. She is now enjoying a completely different pace and quality of life on the Costa Blanca South, with wonderful Spanish and expat friends in Cabo Roig. Sarah began working with Euro Weekly News in 2020 and loves nothing more than bringing all the latest national and international news to her local community.
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.