Drive to install nine charging points for electric cars across Axarquia

CREDIT: Wikimedia Commons

The Provincial Council of Malaga has funding for a drive to install nine charging points for electric cars across Axarquia.
THE initiative is part of a province-wide scheme costing €530,000, of which 60 per cent will be financed with European funds and the remaining 40 per cent with funds from the council itself.
The nine charging points will be in Arenas, Benamocarra, Benaoján, Comares, Cortes de la Frontera, Frigiliana, Riogordo, Torrox, and La Viñuela in a bid to “combat climate change and encourage sustainable and accessible transport”.
The charging points, which are being located in municipalities with fewer than 20,000 inhabitants in the province, will have an average speed of 22 kilowatts per hour, which means an average autonomy per hour of 140 kilometres.
The project also includes an intelligent management system that will make it possible to know from the vehicle itself the location and availability of the recharge point.
Motorists will be able to book the recharge at a specific time in advance, receive information on prices and offers, types of connector and whether it offers fast or semi-fast recharging, and an integrated payment system, among other features.


Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Drive to install nine charging points for electric cars across Axarquia”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Tara Rippin

Tara Rippin is a reporter for Spain’s largest English-speaking newspaper, Euro Weekly News, and is responsible for the Costa Blanca region.
She has been in journalism for more than 20 years, having worked for local newspapers in the Midlands, UK, before relocating to Spain in 1990.
Since arriving, the mother-of-one has made her home on the Costa Blanca, while spending 18 months at the EWN head office in Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol.
She loves being part of a community that has a wonderful expat and Spanish mix, and strives to bring the latest and most relevant news to EWN’s loyal and valued readers.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.