By Jennifer Leighfield •
Published: 02 Jan 2021 • 0:01
College Residence In Spain’s Valencia Shut Down Due To Covid Outbreak
Credit - Twitter
BOSNIAN police have reported that eight young people die at a New Year’s Eve party from carbon monoxide poisoning when the gas heating system they used failed.
The deceased are four boys and four girls between 18 and 20 years old, who were celebrating in southern Bosnia-Herzegovina .
According to information from the local media, two other young people are in serious condition, following the suspected carbon monoxide poisoning from the gas heating that was used at the party, about 150km from Sarajevo.
People residing nearby alerted the police who arrived at the cottage at around 10am.
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Eight people die at Bosnia New Year’s Eve party”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Jennifer Leighfield, born in Salisbury, UK; resident in Malaga, Spain since 1989. Degree in Translation and Interpreting in Spanish, French and English from Malaga University (2005), specialising in Crime, Forensic Medicine and Genetics.
Published translations include three books by Richard Handscombe. Worked with Euro Weekly News since November 2006. Well-travelled throughout Spain and the rest of the world, fan of Harry Potter and most things ‘geek’.
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.