Future Residence Permits?

Q.- We have received several similar questions regarding applications for Spanish residence permits into the next few years. Some already own vacation homes here where they intend eventually to retire.

Others simply wonder how to apply for a residence permit a few years from now after the special post-brexit regulations all expire. What documents will they need?

A.- First you will need evidence of regular income to show you can support yourself in Spain.  This can be as low as €13,300, which is the general minimum wage in Spain, for a single person.

It varies on a sliding scale according to the number of family members.  If you do not have a regular income you must show a lump sum of €22,000 in the bank. Then you will need a medical certificate showing no contagious diseases. You must present a medical insurance policy with a company authorised to operate in Spain.

There are other forms to fill in but these are basic.  You will make your application at the Consular section of the Spanish embassy in London or at the Consulate in Manchester and you must appear in person.

Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

David Searl

You and the law in spain Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.