By Chris King • 26 March 2021 • 17:57
Córdoba Residents Evacuated After A Gas Leak In A Building.
CÓRDOBA Residents Evacuated Temporarily After A Gas Leak In Their Building
More than fifty residents had to be evicted from a residential building in the early hours of this morning (Friday 26), in Palma del Río, Córdoba, as a precautionary measure after a gas leak was reported in the building.
The 112 Andalucía Emergency service, deployed the Public Health Emergencies Company ambulance (EPES 061), along with the Palma del Río fire brigade, the Guardia Civil, and the Local Police, after receiving several calls at around 1:30am from concerned neighbours reporting a strong smell of gas in the building on Uruguay street
On arrival at the scene, the emergency services took the precaution of evacuating the residents of the building until the source of the gas leak was detected and fixed.
Eventually, the firefighters turned off the gas supply then engineers from the gas supply company attended to the leaking pipe, and pretty soon all the residents were able to return to their apartments, with no injuries occurring, as reported by diariocordoba.com.
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Córdoba Residents Evacuated After A Gas Leak In A Building”.
For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and, Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you donâ€™t already have one. Review our
Originally from Wales, Chris spent years on the Costa del Sol before moving to the Algarve where he is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news.
Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.