By Tony Winterburn • 26 March 2021 • 6:52
Wales Tourism Sector To Reopen From Saturday As Stay-Local Rule Is Lifted. image: Pexels
Wales Tourism Sector To Reopen From Saturday As Stay-Local Rule Is Lifted In Next Stage Of Lockdown Easing.
WALES’ tourism sector will be able to start reopening from Saturday, March 27, as the stay-local rule is lifted, First Minister Mark Drakeford has announced.
The list of rules that are changing from Saturday include:
– Organised outdoor activities and sports for children and under-18s to take place and up to six people from two different households to meet and exercise outdoors;
– Self-contained holiday accommodation, including hotels with en-suite facilities and room service, will be able to reopen to people from the same household or support bubble;
– Six people from two different households, excluding children under 11, will be able to meet and exercise outdoors and in private gardens;
– Organised outdoor activities and sports for children and under 18s will be able to resume;
– Limited opening of outdoor areas of some historic places and gardens;
– Libraries and archives will be able to reopen.
The Covid alert level in Wales is also dropping from level four into level three, with Welsh Ministers considering further alert level three measures in the next review of the regulations next week.
Within this review next week, Ministers will consider further relaxations, which could include all pupils and students returning to schools, shops and close contact services reopening and the interim all-Wales travel area could be lifted. The current restrictions on international travel for holidays remain in place.
Drakeford added: “We are taking a step by step approach to relaxing restrictions and want to carry on being able to open up Wales. To do that we need everyone’s help. That means staying vigilant for signs of infection; isolating if we have symptoms and arranging to get tested.”
It is still mandatory to wear masks during the pandemic, Amazon has a great range in stock, click on the link to see what they have on offer. https://amzn.to/3826Rmr
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Wales Tourism Sector To Reopen From Saturday As Stay-Local Rule Is Lifted”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.