Gas Bottle Explosion In Barcelona Home Puts Two In Hospital

Gas Bottle Explosion In Barcelona Home Puts Two In Hospital

Gas Bottle Explosion In Barcelona Home Puts Two In Hospital. image: bomberos

GAS BOTTLE Explosion In A Barcelona Home Puts Two Men In Hospital

An explosion caused by a bottle of butane gas, in a private home on Molí street, in the municipality of Canovelles, in the Vallès Oriental, resulted in the hospitalisation of two men, one of them reported to be in a critical condition in the Vall d’Hebron Hospital, to the north of Barcelona, Catalonia.

The second, a 54-year-old man, was admitted to the Granollers hospital – located just outside Barcelona city – and is reported to be in a stable condition, with emergency services transferring him there after the explosion.

At around 11am the call was made to the emergency services by neighbours who reported hearing the explosion, and the Fire Brigade and emergency ambulance were deployed to the location on Molí street, along with police patrols, according to

Sources from the Generalitat Fire Brigade and the Emergency Medical System (SEM) told Efe agency, that their investigations point to a butane gas cylinder having exploded, which triggered a subsequent fire that has totally destroyed one room of the property, although the firefighters also reported that apart from the one room, there was no damage to the rest of the structure of the house.


The Euro Weekly News is running a campaign to help reunite Brits in Spain with their family and friends by capping the costs of PCR tests for travel. Please help us urge the government to cap costs at

Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to check The Euro Weekly News for all your up-to-date local and international news stories.

Written by

Chris King

Originally from Wales, Chris spent years on the Costa del Sol before moving to the Algarve where he is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at