Malaga Children's hospital reports tragic death of 3-year-old boy from heatstroke

Malaga Children's hospital reports tragic death of 3-year-old boy from heatstroke. image: Wikipedia

Malaga Children’s hospital has reported the tragic death of a 3-year-old boy from heatstroke that was admitted to the ICU on Saturday.

A three-year-old boy died in Malaga after suffering from heatstroke due to soaring temperatures over the weekend. According to a report from malagahoy, the child had been admitted to the Maternal and Child Hospital of Malaga– one of the hottest days recorded this summer.

The child arrived as an urgent case at the health centre in the province of Malaga on Saturday, August 28, and was immediately admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (ICU), where he remained until his death on Sunday.

At the moment, no further information regarding the tragic circumstances of the case have emerged.

Read more:

The province of Malaga endured a very hot weekend, with a new *terral episode that forced the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) to activate the yellow warning for high temperatures.

Although the heat was constant all weekend, the worst day was Saturday, which caused the thermometers to go off the scale and read close to 40 degrees in some places. The maximum temperature was registered in Vélez-Málaga at 3:00 p.m., where 39.6 degrees were reached. Very close were Estepona and Malaga Airport, which registered values ​​of 37.7 and 37.6 degrees, respectively.

* The Terral is a catabatic wind that brings with it an increase in temperatures and a decrease in humidity that increases the risk of heatstroke in humans and animals and fires in the summer period.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article, please remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories.
FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Ron Howells

Ron actually started his working career as an Ophthalmic Technician- things changed when, during a band rehearsal, his amplifier blew up and he couldn’t get it fixed so he took a course at Birmingham University and ended up doing a degree course. He built up a chain of electronics stores and sold them as a franchise over 35 years ago. After five years touring the world Ron decided to move to Spain with his wife and son, a place they had visited over the years, and only bought the villa they live in because it has a guitar-shaped swimming pool!. Playing the guitar since the age of 7, he can often be seen, (and heard!) at beach bars and clubs along the length of the coast. He has always been interested in the news and constantly thrives to present his articles in an interesting and engaging way.


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.