By Alex Glenn •
Published: 23 Sep 2021 • 13:06
Young boy has part of his bowel removed after copying a dangerous TikTok Trend.
A 9-year-old boy has shockingly had to have part of his bowel removed after he followed a popular TikTok trend and accidentally managed to swallow three magnetic fidget balls.
Preston Adlam’s mum Lindsay took to social media to share a warning after the shocking incident which left her son needing emergency surgery. As reported by Belfast Live he had to undergo emergency surgery after the magnetic balls managed to connect together inside his body.
The family noticed that Preston was feeling ill on Saturday night after he had been playing with the fidget toy.
Preston’s aunt Claire explained that: “Preston had been using them (the balls) and was following some TikTok trend where people put them on their tongue in order to pretend that they have a piercing and he has swallowed three of them by accident.
“He had been given them and his mum had no idea that he had them until it was too late.”
His mum also took to social media in a bid to warn other parents. She commented that: “So we all know that the new craze for kids are fidget toys, including these magnetic balls. If your kids have them please, please, please throw them in the bin now!
“This is no joke please throw them out if you have them, they are too dangerous and really should be illegal to sell.”
In a final message to parents Claire said: “These are sold as educational toys and are very cheap to buy and will be something easily accessible to children.
“Parents need to be aware of the dangers of these toys because a small accident can have horrendous consequences.”
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Originally from the UK, Alex is based in Almeria and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news.
Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.