Madeleine McCann prosecutor 100 per cent convinced Christian B is guilty

Photo of Madeleine McCann suspect. image: MET Police

Madeleine McCann prosecutor says he is 100 per cent convinced that Christian B is guilty

Hans Christian Wolters, the German prosecutor in charge of the investigation into the disappearance in 2007 of Madeleine McCann, has said today, Friday, October 8, that he is convinced they have the right suspect.

“We’re confident we have the man who took and killed her”, said Wolters while speaking with The Mirror. Wolters is adamant he has his man, even without any DNA evidence, and more importantly, a body. According to the prosecutor, 44-year-old Christian Brueckner – currently in prison serving a rape sentence – is guilty, because all the evidence they have points to only one suspect, and he could be charged as early as next year.

He told The Mirror, “It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now. But it’s not just about charging him – we want to charge him with the best body of evidence possible. When we still have questions, it would be nonsense to charge rather than wait for the answers that could strengthen our position”.

Adding, “That’s why we said we’ll investigate as long as there are leads or information for us to pursue. I’m not saying that what we have is insufficient now. But he’s in prison, so we don’t have this pressure on us. We have time on our hands”.

Paedophile Christian Brueckner has been the main suspect for some time now, and the German prosecutor says he is 100 per cent convinced he is guilty of the crime. Despite authorities in Braunschweig telling the McCanns last year that they had evidence Maddie is no longer alive, Wolters has now admitted they have no evidence of that.

He said his team has no proof of Madeleine being dead or alive, and that he has no photographic or DNA evidence that can link the jailed paedophile to Maddie’s disappearance. Wolters however sent a message to Kate and Gerry McCann, “We are confident we have the man who took and killed your daughter”.

“All I can do is ask for your patience. I personally think a conclusion will be reached next year. We have no body, and no DNA, but we have other evidence. Based on the evidence we have, it leads to no other conclusion. I can’t tell you on which basis we assume she is dead. But for us, there’s no other possibility. There is no hope she is alive”.

___________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading, and don’t forget to check The Euro Weekly News for all your up-to-date local and international news stories.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Chris King

Originally from Wales, Chris spent years on the Costa del Sol before moving to the Algarve where he is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.