Mobile phone mishap leaves one man dead

Image: Pixabay

Mobile phone mishap leaves man dead in Spain’s Madrid.

The current hypothesis is that the man had been changing his mobile phone near the bath. He was reportedly electrocuted to death.

The 38-year-old man died on Wednesday, October 20. He suffered from an electric shock while being in the bath. The incident took place at the man’s home in La Latina, as reported by 20 minutes.

The man’s lifeless body was discovered by his partner. He had a burn on his chest. The partner quickly raised the alarm with the emergency services. According to El Mundo, the main theory is that the man was electrocuted to death after his mobile fell into the water. He had been charging his mobile.

The incident occurred at 8am on Wednesday. The shocking death occurred at 125 Avenida Portugal. The emergency services rushed to the scene of the incident. Medics arrived at the house only minutes after they were notified. They were only able to confirm the death though.

It is believed that the man had already been dead 8 to 10 hours. Psychological services have been called in to help the family.

The incident is being investigated by the National Police. The electrics at the house are being looked into. Police are investigating the possibility that the victim had used an extension cord to connect the mobile phone charger and placed the mobile phone near the bath.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Alex Glenn

Originally from the UK, Alex is based in Almeria and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]