Audi preparing to move into Formula 1

Audi preparing to move into Formula 1. image: [email protected]_sports

German car giant Audi is preparing for its move into Formula 1 racing

According to information from Automobilwoche magazine, the German car manufacturer Audi – a subsidiary of the giant Volkswagen – is preparing to make the leap into Formula 1 racing from 2026, as a partner and supplier of engines to the McLaren team.

It is also rumoured in media reports that Porsche, another German manufacturer linked to the same automobile group, will approach Red Bull Racing, another of the leading teams in the sport.

Audi already has a significant presence in the sports world. It is a minority shareholder in the German football club Bayern Munich. The brand shares a 25 per cent stake equally with Allianz, and Adidas, while the remaining 75 per cent belongs to the club, and its partners.


If Audi seems to be willing to make the leap to Formula 1, then this would also indirectly imply the presence of Volkswagen in the most followed motorsport series in the world.

Negotiations are already quite concrete, according to the German sports channel, Sport 1. Manager Magazin claims that Audi would pay McLaren a capital of €650 million, for which it would get a majority at McLaren, and one-third of the Formula One team.

McLaren currently has another giant in the car manufacturing sector in Germany, Mercedes, as a partner, with which it has a contract until 2025. In the event of not being able to reach an agreement with McLaren, there is speculation that Audi could enter into deals with Williams, another historic Formula 1 team, as reported by laopiniondemalaga.es.


___________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.


FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Chris King

Originally from Wales, Chris spent years on the Costa del Sol before moving to the Algarve where he is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.

Breaking News

Close