Man gets a nasty shock as he inhales drill bit at his dental clinic and doesn´t notice

Credit: drshohmelian

One American man´s visit to the dentist took a nasty turn when he swallowed a drill bit but didn´t notice.

The Illinois man reportedly inhaled the dentist’s drill bit and had to go to the hospital to get it removed, WRAL.COM reported on April 19

Tom Jozsi, 60, told WISN-TV that he was at the dentist getting a filling in one of his teeth.

The Illinois man had to be told he had swallowed a tool as he didn´t realise despite being fully awake.

“I didn’t really even feel it going down. All I felt was a cough. When they did the CT scan they realized, ‘You didn’t swallow it. You inhaled it,’” he said.

Dr. Abdul Alraiyes, at Aurora Medical Centre in Kenosha, Wisconsin, said the one-inch bit was so deep in his lung that normal scopes couldn’t reach it

Thankfully the medical team was able to navigate to reach and safely remove the drill piece which had lodged in Jozsi´s lung as he had coughed as it was in his mouth.

“I was never so happy as when I opened my eyes, and I saw him with a smile under that mask shaking a little plastic container with the tool in it,” Jozsi said.

Joszki said he now keeps the drill bit on a shelf at home.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

 

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Fergal MacErlean

Originally from Dublin, Fergal is based on the eastern Costa del Sol and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.