By Anna Ellis • 11 August 2022 • 16:49
Fans in horror as 42-year-old pop star has an allergic reaction. Brian McFadden/Instagram
Taking to social media on Wednesday, August 10, with a picture of his swollen face, Brian confirmed the news in a post on Instagram, saying: “Stung by a bee and got an allergic reaction!! Owning that look! Free Botox and fillers!”
Brian McFadden is an Irish pop singer and television presenter who rose to fame in 1998 as a member of the Irish boy band Westlife. Following his departure from the group in 2004, he went on to have a solo career.
A bee sting feels similar to a wasp sting, but the sting will often be left in the wound. See treating insect bites for advice about how to remove this safely.
The sting can cause pain, redness and swelling for a few hours. As with wasp stings, some people may have a mild allergic reaction that lasts up to a week.
Serious allergic reactions can also occasionally occur, causing breathing difficulties, dizziness and a swollen face or mouth.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Originally from the UK, Anna is based on the Costa Blanca and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.