By Linda Hall •
Updated: 28 Aug 2022 • 19:22
A typical holiday swimming pool.
Photo credit: Callosa town hall
The town hall immediately issued a statement explaining that the pool complex was closed as a precautionary measure after swimmers “inhaled gases.”
These originated in the zone where the pool machinery is housed and were caused by “a defect” during maintenance, the statement said.
According to regional government sources quoted in the Spanish media, the Generalitat’s Emergencies Coordination Centre sent two ambulances and medics to the scene to assist two children who were most affected by the fumes.
A maintenance worker was also taken to hospital, although the same sources said that his condition “was not serious.”
The town hall emphasised that no-one at the swimming pool had been badly affected by the minor incident, adding that there would be compensation those who had been obliged to leave the pool.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don't already have one. Review our
Originally from the UK, Linda is based in Valenca and is a reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering local news. Got a news story you want to share?
Then get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.