Trending:

BREAKING: Belarus President Lukashenko will reportedly hold security meeting following Russia’s renewed attack on Ukraine

SEVERAL reports circulating on Monday, October 10 suggest that President Aleksandr Lukashenko will reportedly hold a security meeting today following Russia’s renewed attack on Ukraine.

Belarus President Lukashenko will reportedly hold a security meeting on Monday, October 10 with rumours that Belarus could officially join the war following Russia’s renewed attack on Ukraine which saw multiple cities bombed.

“#BREAKING #Belarus President Lukashenko will hold a security meeting today, amid speculations he might join #Russia’s war against #Ukraine”

“Belta reports Lukashenko will hold a meeting with the military and security forces today. Putin will also hold a meeting with members of the Russian Security Council today.”

“Lukashenko is holding an urgent meeting with the military and security forces at 11:00 a.m. (GMT+3), – the Ministry of Defense of Belarus reports.”

The unconfirmed reports follow attacks on multiple Ukrainian cities, which started when Kyiv was hit by Russian missiles on Monday, October 10.

According to early reports and videos making the rounds on social media, multiple Ukrainian cities have been attacked by Russian missiles this morning after Russia’s Crimean Bridge exploded over the weekend – which the country’s State Duma called a “declaration of war”.

Following reports of strikes in Kyiv and Dnipro, Lviv, Ternopil, Zhytomyr, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv, Khmelnytskyi and Kremenchuk have all reportedly been hit on Monday, October 10.

The attacks this morning come after Russian President Vladimir Putin appointed a cruel ex-jailbird general as the new commander of his troops following losses and the firing of yet another general.

A report by Defence spokesperson Igor Konashenkov on Saturday, October 8 said that Serguei Surovikin would take control of the troops in Ukraine.

In his report, Konashenkov said that Surovikin will now be “Commander of the Joint Group of Troops in the area of ​​​​the special military operation.”

Surovikin, who until now commanded the forces on the southern flank, replaces General Alexander Dvornikov, who had been the top man in the command chain since April.

According to the former deputy of the Verkhovna Rada Ilya Kiva, the attacks in Ukraine’s Kyiv were a result of Zelensky’s earlier decisions and actions.

“Ukraine and Kyiv today are the result of Zelensky’s earlier decisions and actions,” he said.

“He has done everything for it.”


Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories; remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Matthew Roscoe

Originally from the UK, Matthew is based on the Costa Blanca and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *