UK News

Five-year-old boy dies after swallowing a drawing pin

Share

A five-year-old boy has tragically died in the UK after he swallowed a drawing pin that had been used in a bulletin board.

The boy’s death was announced on a Go Fund Me by Leah Allen in Sheffield that by Monday, November 28 had raised £2,595 towards his funeral costs.

On the page Allen says: “Emma, Mark and their girls sadly lost little Kyle. After 3 days of him fighting he sadly grew his dinosaur wings.

“To make things a little easier a few of us wanted to set up this to help give him the best send-off possible no parent should have to bury their child and have to struggle to find the money to do so.

“Anything doesn’t matter how little will be greatly appreciated x just spoken to family and they would like to get something for the girls in memory of their baby /big brother x.”

Kyle choked on drawing pin and stopped breathing. Doctors at the Leeds Infirmary managed to resuscitate him four times, but the child suffered seizures and sky-high temperatures.

The young man, who had just turned six, suffered severe brain damage in the process but was still kept on life support.

His mom Emma said: “He was kept on life support until we were ready to say goodbye.

But you’re never ready, right? Kyle decided it was his time after his last hug with mom and dad. His heart beat for the last time as we hugged him.

“I’ve lost my son and I can’t think of anything apart from him right now… I don’t know how to feel, I don’t know what to think, I don’t know how to act.

“I feel like a robot. It broke my heart, but he’s still my boy.”

Those that will be attending Kyle’s funeral have all agreed to wear t-shorts bearing his face along with a blue heart and a dinosaur. The animal was his favourite and so the shorts will bear the slogan Kyle-saurus.

Anyone wanting to donate to help cover the funeral costs of the Five-year-old boy who died after swallowing a drawing pin, you can do so on the Go Fund Me page.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Peter McLaren-Kennedy

Originally from South Africa, Peter is based on the Costa Blanca and is a web reporter for the Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at editorial@euroweeklynews.com.



Show comments

Recent Posts

  • World News

Tigers, sharks, pangolins and now donkeys as Chinese demand for traditional medicine flourishes

Chinese demand for animal products has a new target donkeys, with demand for the lowly…

23 mins ago
  • UK News

Former Sheffield Hallam Labour MP funded cocaine habit by fiddling expenses

Former Sheffield Hallam Labour MP Jared O´Mara has been convicted of fraud after he was…

36 mins ago
  • UK News

BREAKING UPDATE: Diving expert pulls team from search saying no sign of Nicola Bulley

20:01 (February 8) -Diving expert Peter Faulding pulls his team from the search for missing…

56 mins ago
  • UK News

Citizens evacuated as police warn Great Yarmouth bomb could explode anytime

The police have warned that the WWII bomb discovered in a Great Yarmouth building site…

2 hours ago
  • Celebrity News

UPDATE: Levi Davis investigator says arrest imminent

17:49 (February 8) - The private investigator says that an arrest may be imminent in the…

3 hours ago
  • Football

Qatar Emir joins race to buy Manchester United for £4.5bn

Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, the Emir of Qatar, has expressed an interest in buying…

4 hours ago