Football

Ex-Juventus president and Tottenham Director of Football allegedly facing arrest

Share

It is alleged that warrants are being prepared by Italian prosecutors for the former Juventus president Andrea Agnelli and Tottenham Director of Football, Fabio Paratici.

 

Following the news earlier this week that the entire board of directors has resigned from Italy’s Serie A giants, Juventus, it was reported on Thursday, December 1 that arrest warrants are allegedly being prepared for two of those involved.

Former club president Andrea Agnelli, and Fabio Paratici – now Tottenham’s Managing Director of Football – are believed to be on the verge of being indicted by Italian prosecutors. The two are said to have been part of a total of 16 people who have been under investigation by the authorities since November 2021.

Despite the fact that Agnelli, along with vice-president Pavel Nedved and the rest of the board quit the club last Monday, November 28, Juventus as an enterprise has reportedly been accused of market manipulation and false accounting, according to Italian news outlet Gazzetta dello Sport.

The publication reported that the prosecutor’s office in the city of Turin – where Juventus is located – has filed proceedings against all 16 who had been under investigation to have them indicted.

Despite leaving Juventus in June 2021 to become Tottenham’s transfer guru, Paratici faces being prosecuted. Italian prosecutors had called for him to be banned for 16 months back in April.

A fine of £670,000 (approx €780,002) had been recommended for the football club, along with a 12-month suspension was  for Agnelli. Nedved, the former Juventus playing legend turned vice-president, faced an eight-month ban.

Documents relating to transfers, invoices, and financial statements, were confiscated when the Italian authorities raided Juventus’ offices in Turin and Milan earlier this year. Claims aginst the club include those of producing false paperwork, obstructing financial authorities, and falsifying statements.

Juventus are not the only club affected. Other Italian sides including Napoli, Parma, Empoli, Sampdoria, and Genoa, are also apparently under investigation.

___________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Chris King

Originally from Wales, Chris spent years on the Costa del Sol before moving to the Algarve where he is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at editorial@euroweeklynews.com



Show comments

Recent Posts

  • Travel Guides

An essential guide to the best rental companies on the Costa del Sol

Are you planning a dream holiday in one of the world's most popular destinations? Perhaps…

40 mins ago
  • Spain

UPDATE: Six hospitalised after 59 get food poisoning from famous Madrid tortilla restaurant

22:36 (February 1) - The Madrid restaurant where the food poisoning took place remains closed…

1 hour ago
  • UK News

£220,000 – the cost to the public of Boris Johnson´s Partygate defence

The National Audit Office (NAO) is considering a formal investigation into how £220,000 of public…

1 hour ago
  • Celebrity News

Pamela Anderson still hoping to meet Mr Right after six failed marriages

Former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson has told talk show host Jimmy Kimmel that she is…

2 hours ago
  • UK News

Michelle Mone´s luxury yacht gets the “led by donkeys” treatment

The Tory peer who was found to have used her connections within government to make…

3 hours ago
  • Finance

Business Extra – News in Brief

Helping out SPANISH companies working with plastics have “serious doubts” about applying the new tax…

3 hours ago