BREAKING: British couple found dead in Mallorca home from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

A British couple are suspected to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning after being found dead in their home on the Balearic island of Mallorca.

 

A British couple found dead in their home on the Balearic island of Mallorca are believed to have died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. Their bodies were discovered at around 4pm this afternoon, Monday, December 19.

The tragic incident came to light after their son – who lives in the UK – called a neighbour who reportedly helped out at the property to say he was concerned as he had not been able to contact his parents. They were subsequently located in their home located between the small towns of Selva and Mancor de la Vall in the Raiguer district of the island.

One of the bodies was reportedly found in bed and the other, on a chair. It is believed that the couple – identified as 56-year-old Sharon G, and 62-year-old Michael A – could have passed away at least two days ago, as reported by mallorcadailybulletin.com.

A specialist police forensic team was said to be still working at the property this evening to try and establish the circumstances surrounding the two deaths.

According to a spokesperson from the Guardia Civil, investigators were initially working on the hypothesis that the deaths could have been caused by a faulty butane gas heater in the property. They added that this could not be confirmed until the results of their post-mortem examinations were revealed.

Upon discovering the bodies, the neighbour alerted the 112 emergency services, who deployed Selva Local Police and a team of firefighters to the finca from the local fire station in the town of Inca. They reported the smell of gas on arrival.

_________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Chris King

Originally from Wales, Chris spent years on the Costa del Sol before moving to the Algarve where he is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]

Comments