The Gran Parque de La Loma opens

Gran Parque Photo: Fuengirola Town Hall

Fuengirola Town Hall will open the doors of the Gran Parque de La Loma on Friday February 16 at 5pm. With nearly 30,000 square metres – the equivalent of three football pitches – it will become the largest green and recreational area in the town.

The works for its construction were recently completed and, from Friday, the people of Fuengirola and visitors will be able to enjoy its facilities in which sport will play a special role.

The new facilities include a 7-a-side football pitch, three paddle tennis courts, handball and volleyball courts, climbing wall, pump track, running and cycling lanes, as well as picnic areas, rest areas and areas for pets.

In addition, some 16,000 square metres)is dedicated to green areas which has meant the planting of 300 trees and some 11,000 shrubs.

The investment in this new facility amounts to nearly €3 million, 80 percent of which has been contributed by the European Union with the Town Hall providing the remaining 20 per cent.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Written by

Kevin Fraser Park

Kevin was born in Scotland and worked in marketing, running his own businesses in UK, Italy and, for the last 8 years, here in Spain. He moved to the Costa del Sol in 2016 working initially in real estate. He has a passion for literature and particularly the English language which is how he got into writing.

Comments