Continuing efforts with the Red Cross

Toni Perez with Mara Martinez Credit: BenidormAyto, X

Benidorm Town Hall is continuing its collaboration with the Red Cross, intensifying efforts to ensure safety and wellbeing of all residents. 

Benidorm´s mayor, Toni Perez and the President of Benidorm´s Red Cross, Mara Martinez, signed a one-year agreement in the beginning of June, allocating €370,000 from the Council to the Red Cross for developing its work.

The mayor noted that the Council will pay 60 per cent of the total amount at the time of signing the agreement and allocating the remaining 40 per cent at the end of the year. 

“We are going to continue this much-needed collaboration,” stated the Mayor, emphasising the development of “social and health services to citizens (…) both in the field of preventive services and social support.”

Perez emphasised the impact of the Red Cross on the local community, caring for “the most vulnerable,” as the establishment addressed the issues of “immigrants, health education, programmes to prevent violence against children and teenagers, promotion of academic success and environmental monitoring functions’.

With this agreement, the works on these sectors will continue expanding and improving, becoming accessible to all.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Written by

Anna Akopyan

Originally from Moscow, with Russian and Armenian origins, Anna has lived in Costa Blanca for over ten years. She is passionate about singing, acting and traveling.

Comments