By Euro Weekly News Media • 28 October 2011 • 8:22
RODALQUILAR BEACH: Named by Vogue as one of Spain’s best beaches
Photo credit: CC/VioletaC95
We have two Yorkshire Terriers and the youngest (18 months) was in our garden when he yelped and when we went to get him, we saw a toad.
Alfie was foaming at the mouth, which I cleaned, he had bad diarrhoea and was very sick, then he keeled over and had a small fit before going limp and lifeless.
We rang the emergency vet who immediately put him on a drip and took blood for testing, the result was that it was toxic. He was on a drip for two hours with no change and the vet suggested we took him to another surgery, where he was given an injection which seemed to rouse him. He is still very subdued but all the test results are good.
Thank you, Ann Oliver
Thank you for your email, I am so pleased your pet is OK.
I hope your email will be a warning to owners to keep their eyes open and if anything untoward should occur, then to rush their pet to the vet.
Today I learned of a dog that jumped up on furniture spilling some instant glue, thus sticking himself to the settee. He was freed by the owner who took of all the fur on one leg. The dog was taken into the sea for a swim instead of to the vet!
My message to all of you that own pets is to watch them and if anything occurs which caused them damage, then to go to the vet immediately.
Best wishes, Connie
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.