By Euro Weekly News Media • 20 March 2015 • 8:24
A HOMEOWNER had a lucky escape when a deodorant spray caused an explosion in an apartment in Elche.
Neighbouring residents in Calle Jorge Juan Blasco Ibañez got a shock upon hearing the explosion, peering from their balconies to find their was no fire, just a shattered window and shards of glass in the street.
The tenant in the flat said he was “very stunned” by the explosion. His friend had just arrived and went to use the bathroom when the explosion occurred. It is believed a can of deodorant spray could be to blame and exploded after being heated by a nearby candle.
Police said no one was injured.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.