By Euro Weekly News Media • 20 March 2019 • 14:15
THE SAMU (Servicio de Atencion Medica) emergency medical services acted within minutes on Sunday afternoon after being alerted to a serious fire that broke out inside a property on the El Limonar residential estate in Torrevieja.
The property on Avenida de la Grulla belongs to a 55-year-old British man who was found lying unconscious on the floor by Torrevieja firefighters.
The man was rushed to Torrevieja’s University Hospital, where he is being treated after arriving in a serious condition.
As a precaution and due to the intense flames and smoke that had engulfed the urbanisation, residents were asked to vacate their homes for several hours until firefighters had full control over the situation.
Firefighters discovered two gas bottles in the kitchen with open security valves, leading them to believe they may have caused the fire, which left the property seriously damaged and the owner seriously hurt.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.