By Cathy Elelman • 31 January 2020 • 14:13
OBJECTIVE: The aim is to make the road safer for pedestrians
CREDIT: Ayuntamiento de Turre Facebook @ayuntamiento.deturre
TURRE’S main road is going to get a pavement at last.
Works have now started on an 850-metre section of the Avenida de Almeria running straight through the centre of the village.
A pavement is being created on one side of the thoroughfare between La Para bar and the entrance to Turre coming from the Mojacar direction with a view to making it safer for pedestrians.
The current project is a modification of what was initially approved in 2016 as some changes have been made to the road since then. It has a budget of €76,550 and is due for completion in May.
Works have also got going on another outstanding project, improvements to Calle Palmeras next to the church. The budget of just short of €86,000 covers measures including creating separate sewage and rain water networks, running telephone and street light cables underground, resurfacing, planting palm trees and installing benches and bollards.
CREDIT: Ayuntamiento de Vera
The Calle Palmeras works are a continuation of the upgrades to Calle Aire and are expected to take three months to complete.
The two infrastructure projects are financed 70 per cent by the Diputacion de Almeria and the remaining 30 per cent by the local council.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Cathy Elelman is the local writer for the Costa de Almeria edition of the Euro Weekly News.
Based in Mojacar for the last 21 years, Cathy is very much part of the local community and is always well and truly up on all the latest news and events going on in this region of Spain.
Her top goals are to do the best job she can informing the local English-speaking community, visitors to the area and the wider world about about the news in Almeria, to learn something new every day, and to embrace very new challenge this fast-changing world brings her way.
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.