France’s postal service, La Poste, to extend hours and service from May 11 as country eases out of lockdown.

France’s postal service, La Poste, to extend hours and service from May 11 as country eases out of lockdown.

THE French postal service La Poste is preparing a progressive reopening of all its 7,700 post offices by the end of May.
From Monday, May 11, mail delivery for priority post, registered letters and parcels will also be back to six days a week as it had been limited to three days a week during confinement.
Also, from Monday the collection of mail in street letterboxes will again be carried out over six days rather than three. Mail is collected from only 87 per cent of letterboxes, but the other 13 per cent are not emptied. There will be collections from all of them by the end of May. For the most vulnerable people, La Poste has had the very kind idea of offering to collect mail for posting directly from their home. This service is free and to take advantage of it you must inform your post person directly or write a note on your letterbox.
For the postage, you can either print off your own stamps at https://www.laposte.fr/mon-timbre-en-ligne or wait for the post person and pay him or her for stamps by cheque or cash.
When La Poste is opened they will be seeking to comply with the measures required by the government on barrier gestures and physical distancing.
Opening hours will be adapted to the number of visitors and the staff available.
Employees will be encouraged to work remotely until June 2, where possible. For staff who cannot work remotely, staggered working hours will be put in place, as it has already been the practice for several weeks in mail sorting centres.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Damon Mitchell

From the interviewed to the interviewer

As frontman of a rock band Damon used to court the British press, now he lives the quiet life in Spain and seeks to get to the heart of the community, scoring exclusive interviews with ex-pats about their successes and struggles during their new life in the sun.

Originally from Scotland but based on the coast for the last three years, Damon strives to bring the most heartfelt news stories from the spanish costas to the Euro Weekly News.

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews

Comments


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.