Electric Scooter in Spain’s Costa Blanca Bursts into Flames Overnight

Dangerous Scooter: House is on fire after scooter bursts into flames Credit: Alicante Town Hall

The firefighters in Spain’s Costa Blanca had to rush over to Alicante on the early hours of Tuesday Morning after an electric scooter, which was left charging overnight, burst into flames. The accident occurred on Calle Virgen del Socorro and the fire has left two people as well as one officer with smoke inhalation problems.
Three firefighter crews and three other Local Police patrols were called to the scene and had to evacuate a total of eight people who were living in the house. According to the tenants, the fire broke out whilst they were asleep, and they woke up after hearing a loud explosion. When they came down they realised the scooter was burning and the fire was spreading towards the furniture so they began to throw the inflamed objects out of the window.
Once the firefighting team arrived they located the flames from one the rooms and the burning sofa on the street. The house has been partially affected but thankfully the structure still stands.
Two neighbours are being treated for excessive smoke inhalation and wounds on their feet when they stepped on the broken glass on the floor. The fire was thankfully extinguished by 5:00 a.m.
To read more news about Costa Blanca please follow this link…

Author badge placeholder
Written by

Laura Taylor

Laura Taylor is a graduate from the University of Leeds. At university, she obtained a Bachelors in Communication and Media, as well as a Masters in International Relations.
She is half British and half Spanish and resides in Malaga. Her focus when writing news typically encompasses national Spanish news and local news from the Costa del Sol.

Share your story with us by emailing newsdesk@euroweeklynews.com, by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews