By Tony Winterburn • 17 March 2021 • 7:58
Tiger Woods Leaves Hospital To Continue His Recovery At Home. image: Twitter
Tiger Woods Leaves Hospital To Continue Recovery At Home After Horror Car Crash Investigation Slammed.
GOLFING legend Tiger Woods is now back home and continuing his recovery after suffering severe leg injuries in a car accident last month. “Happy to report that I am back home continuing my recovery,” the 45-year-old golf great said on Twitter. “I will be recovering at home and working on getting stronger every day.”
The horrific crash left the 82-time PGA Tour winner with a fractured right leg and shattered ankle and stunned the world of sports and beyond, with even former US Presidents Donald Trump and Barack Obama among those offering support. Woods, who was treated at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center as well as Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, thanked his medical team and his fans for their well wishes.
“I am so grateful for the outpouring of support and encouragement that I have received over the past few weeks,” Woods said.
A dozen or so players at the Workday Championship in Florida wore black trousers and red shirts – the Sunday colours of Woods for his record-tying 82 victories on the PGA Tour – in the final round. Woods has stayed in touch through text messages, sending them to Bryson DeChambeau ahead of his Bay Hill victory and to Justin Thomas, one of his closest friends in golf, ahead of his victory in The Players Championship on Sunday.
Woods, who has endured numerous back and knee injuries throughout his career, is considered the greatest golfer of his generation, having won 15 major titles and being the only modern pro to win all four major titles in succession.
He capped one of the most remarkable comebacks in all of the professional sports in 2019 when he broke an 11-year major drought to win his fifth Masters title.
The Los Angeles Police Department said earlier this month it was investigating data from the ‘black box’ recorder inside the car driven by Woods but have said the incident was being treated as an accident.
Experts have slammed the LA County Sheriff’s Department over its handling of Tiger Woods’ car crash last month. The police gave Woods the benefit of the doubt despite signs the greatest golfer of his generation had been inattentive or possibly fallen asleep at the wheel.
Sheriff Alex Villanueva said on the day of the crash that Woods was lucky to be alive but added his officers on the scene “did not see any evidence of impairment.”
Thank you for taking the time to read this news article “Tiger Woods Leaves Hospital To Continue His Recovery At Home ”. For more UK daily news, Spanish daily news and Global news stories, visit the Euro Weekly News home page.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Downlaod our media pack in either English or Spanish.