Can he stop smoke?

Q.- Please advise me what can be done with the problem of a neighbour burning wood or trash in the evening that comes into my house and breathing it affects my chest and eyes. I don’t know what they are burning but it is fumes rather than smoke, so proving this would be difficult. I can’t live peacefully in my home and I don’t know who to report it to, let alone someone coming in the night to investigate.
D G (by email)
A.- Let’s keep this as simple a possible.  Your town certainly has Local Police for the municipality.  Next time you see a police car, take note of the number. Don’t be shy; call a cop. Next time your neighbour is making fumes or smoke, call the police. Say: hay humo. The H is silent in both words.
The police will come and smell the fumes. Your town has rules about when it is permitted to make a fire to burn brush. If your neighbour is infringing these rules, he can be fined or at least, warned, by the Local Police.
Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

David Searl

You and the law in spain Send your questions for David Searl through lawyers Ubeda-Retana and Associates in Fuengirola at [email protected], or call 952 667 090.


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *