More than 20 children unwell after ‘inedible’ summer camp meal in Mallorca

PALMA DE MALLORCA: Top tourist destination Credit: WordPress

AT least 20 children aged between 10 and 12 have been taken ill after spending the night at a ‘summer camp’.
The youngsters from San Antonio Abad school in Son Ferriol went to the Hipocampo camp in Calas de Mallorca on Wednesday.
When they returned to Palma on Thursday afternoon, some schoolchildren were reportedly feeling dizzy but the alarms went off on Friday morning when several children started suffering from vomiting and headaches. They went to a nearby clinic for treatment.
Local authority sources have not yet given an exact number for the children affected as several did not go to school having felt unwell overnight.
At least two teachers have also been affected.
Experts from the health department have been to the camp to try to trace the source of the poisoning.
Children and parents at San Antonio Abad School and in a nearby clinic attributed the poisoning to the food eaten at the camp. One pupil said that “it was not edible. They gave us meatballs with mashed potatoes and they looked like ice cubes. The water had a very strong taste, it looked like a tap water.” So far symptoms have been relatively mild with none of the youngsters being hospitalised.
Parents are now demanding a full explanation of what went wrong.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Euro Weekly News Media

Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page